Friday 15 January 2016

Blogging

I love blogging but have never been able to find a way to insert a follow me button into my blog. I read and search for blogs for both work and pleasure. I love book and writing blogs and often save them on Facebook for fear of losing them. This world of sharing is amazing, gone are the days when people kept all their secrets about successful writing and good books to themselves. Reviews of new and interesting books encourage me to search for the books and decide whether or not to purchase them for my kindle. 

Reading 'All the Light We Cannot See' encouraged me to purchase another of Anthony Doerr's books:

 Four Seasons in Rome: On Twins, Insomnia, and the Biggest Funeral in the History of the World 
I seldom purchase another of an author's books until I have finished the one I am reading but his writing style in infectious. A non-fiction book, I am really looking forward to this book.

On the recommendation of WLM members I have also recently purchased:

King of the Road: The Autobiography of an Israeli Scientist and a World Record-Holding Race Walker
This looks to be an interesting book, I hope it lives up to the recommendations of WLM members.

I have started writing again, just for short periods such as an hour, but my story of Chocolat is growing and growing. I am remembering so much about my love for her when she was ill, as was I. I depended on her for all my feelings and am sure she loved me completely in return. I am glad I kept a diary when my marriage first broke up, it is helping me to track both Chocolat's journey and mine. She is most unwell, seems to sleep all the time but is always there when either of us need a cuddle. Her lack of sight and hearing make it difficult to communicate either through voice commands or just calling her to say I am home. She is still eating well, is responsive to life and enjoys my company so hopefully will be able to see the summer out. Jay is virtually ignoring her, not sure if he senses her impending demise or is just afraid of losing someone else who loves him to bits. Chocolat can still get jealous and bossy and complains bitterly when cuddles and pats in the morning are competed for. The memories are wonderful, she is wonderful, I am sure she will remain happy for a while longer.

I have also started to journal most days and write my thoughts and feelings on a variety of issues. I am enjoying using a fountain pen again, but could not purchase a calligraphy pen yesterday, even though I had seen one for sale before Christmas. New ideas, new hobbies, life is wonderful. 

No comments: