Saturday 21 March 2015

Birthdays

Working at home means I do not get as much time for blogging, or lots of other things on the computer. I would love to spend more time writing and doing my blog but income comes first!

My disabled daughter had a birthday on Friday, 37! We went out to Smith and McKenzie, a restaurant near me which was named NZ Restaurant of the Year by the NZ Hospitality industry. Cherie had a big plate of risotto, I had the nicest lamb I think I have ever eaten. Dessert was Cheescake and crème brulee! A night to enjoy but with a bill of $99!

Today we have been shopping at the Base, after a morning yesterday at the Gluten Free Show where I purchased lots of cereal at about $2 per box, plus a few treats.

Reading, apart from talking books, has stopped while I wait for my migraines to settle again. I am glued to a book on my VRS, another of Jeffrey Archer's.

 False Impression
A huge mystery novel, the twists of plot and our own thoughts, which often prove wrong, leads us to New York, London and Tokyo. Stayed awake for hours the other night reading this book, so exciting. 

I keep forgetting to download new Zinio magazines from the library, must keep up or I will get behind and have to rely on the narrated ones. I have so much reading I can barely keep up!  

No comments: