Tuesday 24 March 2015

Danger

I have spent some time today dealing with a very depressed man who urgently needs some help to rejoin the community. I hope we can get through to him, I suspect that whoever answered the phone did not realise it was urgent.

Met with Ron today down at the mall, nice to have a good coffee and a catch up. Nice to talk with another vision impaired person and am always fascinated by the people who stop and stare at the two dogs lying on the cool floor.

I have now finished the Jeffrey Archer thriller, False Impressions. Thoroughly enjoyed it though I had two very late nights listening, every time my VRS turned off I rolled over and turned it on again. He writes a great story, wonderful plot, almost sad when it finished. I am now reading;
 The Mottled Lizard
This follows on from the Flame Trees of Thika which I read several months ago. After a sojourn in England to see out the war the family returns to Kenya. I have reached the place where rats are falling into boiling marmalade, a bit off-putting. It seems to be a fairly light read which hopefully will put me to sleep each day.

I am still reading The Underground Girls of Kabul on my kindle. It is quite a long book and my inability to read more than short bursts due to migraine issues is making this a long drawn out book. I have dozens of books I want to read on my kindle, I hope a solution for my issues comes soon.

Jay is to have his WOF test tomorrow. I do not think he has met Mike, but it will be interesting to see if he behaves as he should when we go for a walk. They seem to be taking a long time between each check up, I guess we are supposed to carry on with few problems.

No comments: