Saturday 13 June 2015

Enthusiastic Days

Last winter I was most unhappy. This year I am so busy with the normality of life and the many things I planned to avoid the winter blues that I cannot keep up. I have new cookbooks I have not opened, magazines still in their wrappers and piles of coffee table books to peruse. Life seems to catch up with me each day and the evenings are for reading, TV and relaxation.

I am still struggling with Zealot,  why I do not leave it and read something more interesting I do not know. It is really just a plethora of bible verses interspersed with elucidation from the muslim author. I had assumed his analysis would be more detailed and academic but I feel this is similar to those bible discussion booklets that always bored me to tears.

I have come to such a halt in my writing I am considering starting another short piece and making a commitment to write at least 1000 words per day as other authors seem to. I need to read my writing manuals and find ways of dealing with procrastination, perhaps setting a finite date may be of use. I have so many unfinished short pieces that I also need to complete them.

I seem to have downloaded a plethora of new books for my kindle lately. I think I need to use my list of possible purchases more often and not fill my kindle with books I may not read for a while. Among those downloaded are:
 Country of Ash: A Jewish Doctor in Poland, 1939-1945

The Boy in the Boat

Until Tuesday: A Wounded Warrior and the Golden Retriever Who Saved Him

The last book fascinated me as I am wondering if a service dog for PTSD is as loyal and dedicated as my golden retriever guide dog Jay. I think I may need to leave the bible dissertation for a while and read something enjoyable and relaxing.

No comments: