Wednesday 3 June 2015

Rain

Rain, rain and more rain. It is heavy, driving and cold. Yesterday after attending a wonderful concert held by the music students at Waikato University it started to rain as I waited for a bus. It got heavier and heavier and when I reached my destination it was slanting and combined with a bitter wind. I set off for home but by the time I arrived I was wet through and Jay was frozen. I have to go out today to meet the guide dog instructor so I hope it warms up a little and the rain abates.

Another cluster of migraines has made it difficult to read on my kindle lately. I have finished  The Map That Changed the World and am now catching up with some magazines on my VRS. Readers Digest, North and South and probably Investigate Magazine.

I am finding belonging to several writers groups online that I get useful information for not only writing skills but also connection with other writers. The group Writers Write which emanates out of South Africa is very useful, I do wish I could go to some of their classes though. There must be other useful groups I could subscribe to but first I need to start writing properly again. Literature reviews and articles for Dionamic have taken up all my writing time of late.

I am still curious as to why people often prefer novels to non-fiction. I get very strange looks when I tell people that I prefer to learn something from my reading and they insist I can do that with a novel. I have decided not to tell these people that I prefer channels such as National Geographic, Discovery and the History channel on Sky TV.

I have begun a list of topics I wish to learn more about, such as France and French history, hopefully I will find suitable books to read about this. I must also learn more about Scotland, the programme Scotland Revealed is very interesting, just a pity someone rang when I was trying to learn more about Stirling.   

No comments: