Friday 29 May 2015

Queen's Birthday Weekend

We have lovely weather to help celebrate Queen's Birthday weekend. Unfortunately I still have to work from home but I hope to get out and about and enjoy the late autumn sunshine. I am also waiting in hopeful anticipation that the person I nominated for an honour will receive one, my worst fear is that he has turned it down.

I am not sure if I will manage to finish the book Jesus the Zealot as much of it so far seems to be related to various bible passages which confirm the story we know. I no longer consider myself a Christian but am assuming that this introductory section will then be challenged as I continue to read.

I have many books on my kindle, about 210 I think, choosing which one to read next is often difficult. I have history, novels, memoirs and many other genres. I am so thankful we are able to read electronically otherwise my wonderful world of books would be almost lost to me. I do find it difficult to understand when fully sighted and capable people are stumped when it comes to downloading books onto a kindle or other device. I now download all my books, talking books included, I am finding it so much easier.

I have a large pile of cook books sitting on my sofa to go through and find nice recipes. I really should get organised as I have promised myself I will try one new recipe each week.

In Season, Australian Women's Weekly Weekly

This is my reading for this weekend, hopefully I will find a delicious recipe I can enjoy cooking and hopefully I will be motivated to choose other recipes soon.

Image result for queen's birthday 2015

No comments: