Friday 15 May 2015

Do I get Sky?

After a week of pixilating screens, black screens and frozen screens my TV came right on Monday. The impending rain on Thursday and Friday took me almost back to square one. The TV technician cannot work out why I have such poor reception but given the constant break downs I am beginning to think I need to consider getting Sky. I would do so immediately if it were not for the almost $50 a month fee. If I mull it over too long I may miss a special but I want to avoid the sport at all costs.

I am thoroughly enjoying the adventures of the nurse on an unknown Hebridean island. I have contacted Shona to see if she can find out which island it is but could only give her a few clues. I love curling up with my kindle in the evening and dreaming of more adventures in the Scottish Isles.
 Image result for Hebridean Islands 

Image result for Hebridean Islands

Image result for Hebridean Islands

I have wonderful memories of my time on Mull, the sunsets and open and honest way of life. I could live there, though I think I might find the winters rather dark and forbidding. They are so hardy, forgiving and caring, the harsh environment seems to have brought a strength we used to have in New Zealand.

I am still reading One Summer  on my VRS but think I may be nearing the end. I suspect a romance or two are in the wind and the family will never return to the city. I need to begin to live a life more laid back, I strive for so much but often forget that the small things can be so pleasurable.

This was brought home to me this afternoon when I transformed an untidy piece of garden and replanted most of it. I will now have to move two hebes to continue the delight I have in change.  

No comments: