Monday 11 May 2015

Television

The first book I downloaded from Booklink completely bemused me. I could not make sense out of Fried Green Tomatoes so chose to delete it and download some books I would previously have ordered on CD. So I am now reading:
Image result for one summer david baldacci
A fairly easy read, the story draws me in and I seldom go to sleep before the VRS turns off. The story of a man dying, his wife is killed in a car crash and not long after he regains his health. Family issues, work issues, the thread of family and love runs through every page of this book.

My kindle book, The Island Nurse, is very interesing, particularly as I understand the difficulties of travel on a Hebridean Island and the lifestyle these hardy people live. Written by a woman in her 80's, long after the actual events it is a lovely memoir to read on a dark and wet evening.

I am trying not to download any more kindle books, recommended or otherwise until I have read a few more of the books, over 200, I already have on my ipad. Life without books is unthinkable and modern technologies keep me in a world I love so much; books, words, writing, images of lives other than the one I live.

The dogs are getting fed up with the wet wintry weather already. I am reluctant to walk them in the wet and then deal with wet carpets and wet rugs so my resolution to take them out whatever the weather has already dissipated. 

Another wet day, one for art journaling, study, writing and music.   

No comments: