Friday 22 May 2015

Sky TV

I remained fed up with my TV for ages so late last Saturday night I went online and ordered the basic Sky package. Failing to turn up on Tuesday when I had booked the installer he arrived on Wednesday and promptly attached a dish to the side of my house, connected a box and bingo! Only problem is I am still having pixilating, black screens and similar - so back to the books and music!

I have started a new book on my VRS, it is;
The Map That Changed the World

Image result for The Map that changed the world
The story of modern geology, it is written and read by Simon Winchester. It could be a boring book but it is not, although I have to confess the narration makes me relax and go to sleep very easily. The description of what is under towns and cities I have visited in Britain makes it all the more interesting. I enjoyed my geology lessons at school, many years ago, so perhaps this book is an extension of a latent interest.

I have also started a new kindle book;
Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools: Tuck into a Slice of AndalucĂ­an Life (Old Fools, #1)

A member of my WLM group, this, the first of her books, details a move from a rainy England to a village high in the mountains of Spain. Buying a run-down house in Andalusia was not what Joe had dreamed of in retirement but he soon adapts to the sun, wine and chickens. A lovely, funny almost too humorous book, one is almost scared to ask if the stories are real or a little embellished. This is the second of Victoria's books I have read, others are waiting in my kindle. Health issues are now requiring that they sell their Spanish paradise, I am a little wary of their decision to move to Australia - do they not have more strenuous emigration laws than we do. A book to enjoy, the stories make one feel they are there on the mountain with Victoria and Joe.

The weather has turned nasty here again, rain, cold and darkness. I am so busy this winter I do not have time to become apathetic. Instead I wonder how to fit everything into my days and bemoan projects which are sitting waiting for my attention.

No comments: