Monday 25 May 2015

Freezing Weather

A cold blast from Antarctica has covered New Zealand for the last three days. Yes, I know I sound like a weather man but talking about weather is a common pursuit among New Zealanders. Snow is falling on both islands and even here it is wet, cold and windy. Strangely I do not really mind the cold, it kills bugs, renews the garden and brings an energy and freshness to one's soul.

Reading time has been reduced since I had Sky TV installed last week and I am dipping into a variety of channels. I am still reading Victoria Twead's book and am finding the narrator of The Map That Changed the World very soporific. I have given up rewinding the book to find out where I went to sleep and am just carrying on.

Despite my decision not to buy any more Kindle books until I had read a few more already on my ipad free and recommended books still tempt me. I keep a list in a notebook of books I may buy in the future but recently I have purchased;
The Little Paris Bookshop

This book appealed to me as an ardent booklover and reader. It is one of those books I put off reading straight away to make it even more desirable a read.
Recently I also purchased:
The Secrets of the Notebook: A Royal Love Affair and a Woman's Quest to Uncover Her Incredible Family Secret. Eve Haas

Image result for The smell of summer grass

So much reading and so little time available for my most enjoyable pastime. I imagine I will continue to buy recommended books or those which just pop into my inbox and absorb my attention while eating my breakfast.

Jay has a new coat. Last year one of the Year 13 students gave him her school skirt to make into a cover. It has taken a while but my friend Sharon unpicked and remodelled the skirt into a fabulous cover for Jay. It looks wonderful! Now to wait and see what reaction I get to it on Friday at school. 

No comments: