Saturday 11 July 2015

Excited

Somehow I lost everything I had written by clicking on a key which took me to some  type of editing page. Very frustrating. Last time this happened I found the draft later but cannot even find the draft button this time.

I cannot believe that it has been a week since I posted, where has the first week of my holidays gone!

Yesterday we had the first WLM meet up here in New Zealand. Zoe from Auckland came down and we had a lovely time at the Hamilton Gardens although it was very cold! Great to be able to talk about books and to learn more about a member.

I gave up reading 'The Rehearsal' by Elinor Catton, I could not follow the story and could not remember what had happened when listening to the book the previous night. After deleting it I decided to read;

   Heretic (The Grail Quest, #3)

I am having a bit of difficulty accessing this book as it is the third in a series and I have not read the other two. The search for the holy grail has been going on for centuries so this is one version, set in the Middle ages.

I finished 'French Illusions' on my kindle and am now reading;

Love by Deception: A harrowing true story of love and betrayal.

As the sub-title suggests this is a very harrowing story of one woman's choice of men. Despite her insistence that she could not physically leave I find it difficult to believe that a vivacious outgoing women who travelled widely, therefore had her passport, could not leave by disappearing into another country. I know the feeling of being unable to leave a marriage but had no means of escape unless aided by others. It will be interesting to see what excuses she uses as to her ongoing choice of men.

No comments: