Tuesday 14 July 2015

New Software

I have just downloaded Zotero to help with my bibliographies for CCS Literature Reviews but have no idea where it is or how to use it yet. I think tomorrow may be a learning curve for me.

I have not had much luck with my talking books lately and deleted again and started another book by Geraldine Brooks.
Year of Wonders

An unforgettable tale of a brave young woman during the plague in 17th century England from the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of March and The Secret Chord coming from Viking in October 2015 
When an infected bolt of cloth carries plague from London to an isolated village, a housemaid named Anna Frith emerges as an unlikely heroine and healer. Through Anna's eyes we follow the story of the fateful year of 1666, as she and her fellow villagers confront the spread of disease and superstition. As death reaches into every household and villagers turn from prayers to murderous witch-hunting, Anna must find the strength to confront the disintegration of her community and the lure of illicit love. As she struggles to survive and grow, a year of catastrophe becomes instead annus mirabilis, a "year of wonders."

I am finding it much easier to listen to, even in short spurts and I can follow the story with ease. Geraldine Brooks is an exquisite writer who takes a small snapshot of an historical event and turns it into a novel which grips the reader. I have already pre-ordered her new book which comes out in October and am sure it will be as enjoyable as all her other masterpieces. 

I have recently been introduced to Beth Haslam.
 Description



http://www.bethhaslam.com/

I have bought the first of her books for my kindle and may read it as soon as I finish 'Love by Deception'. Her love of dogs has drawn us together and I have friended her on Facebook. I think these lighter memoirs are wonderful when curled up on a wet and cold winters night and one needs to relax and not go to bed too early.

I find long books which are deadly serious too difficult in this freezing and now wet weather which has taken over much of this winter. Books are my lifeblood and I need to spend more time reading and learning about books which will fill my heart and soul.

Image result for Southern France

Image result for Southern France

No comments: