Thursday 2 October 2014

New Friends

I have spent an inordinate amount of time on Facebook this morning trying to understand why a woman I helped in dealing with the sudden death of her son several weeks ago has turned on me. I am not sure if it is her grief or whether she is not genuine. Thankfully I have had the support of two other members, both moderators, who have helped me sort out the situation.

I have not done any reading this week given I am still having issues with my eyes, other than my talking book, Suite Francaise. As I am so woozy much of the time I am finding that I just drift off to sleep and am losing all track of the book. I have decided that as it is such a good sleeping draught I will finish the book and perhaps return to it another day. 

I have had several new magazines arrive but I cannot spend any time exploring them and the delights in their pages. I cannot write for any length of time and cannot even begin to consider my art journaling. What was supposed to be a relaxing holiday full of fun, relaxation and enjoyment has turned into one of headaches, misery and the inability to achieve anything either serious or fun.

I am writing a story, albeit it in 5 minute slots, for work about Kylie Bax, the international model. She has led such an interesting life and having returned to her home here in New Zealand to have her husband walk out is very sad. One may assume that it is due to the isolation that NZ brings to careers and the inability to get anywhere quickly. Does not say much for love if that is the only reason her husband has left.

I so want to read travel books again, to dream of travelling and to get my life back on track. Until I can solve my migraine issues, eye issues and anxiety problems it looks as though I will be stuck here in NZ for the foreseeable future.
 

  
Places to dream of and plan to visit. I may even be shouted a trip to the Solomon Islands, now that would be an interesting place to work.   

No comments: