Monday 29 September 2014

New Purchase

I spent two weeks trying to decide whether or not to purchase an ipod or upgrade my phone to an iPhone 5C. Android phones do not have a speech programme so an iPhone with voice over is the only option. After being 'led up the garden path' by the local Vodafone retailer over price, options, pre-pay plans and similar I decided the best option was to talk to another 'blindie'. His sage advice that my phone was of such good quality it should last a lot longer plus my only desire was to have better quality portable music saw me purchase a 16gb ipod yesterday. Having decided to set it up myself I then downloaded two albums so it is all go now. I have discovered there are university courses and all sorts available on iTunes so another phase of life begins.

 Chasing the Rose: An Adventure in the Venetian Countryside
I began reading this book at the weekend and am entranced. The story of a rose, a family, Venice and a small village north of Venice this book is full of scents, colours and family intrigue in 18th century Italy and France. I think this book will be a must for rose growers like myself and is certainly a step up on the rose growers stories so popular a few years ago.
 


This beautiful city is where the writer resides, how I envy her. I loved Venice and it is one city I left dreaming that one day I might return. While any type of garden is not easy to find I know there was an ancient garden next to where I was staying which I could peer at through the window. If I ever return I plan to splurge and stay somewhere of better quality where I can enjoy the day to day life of the Venetians.

My eyes are still behaving strangely and I am waiting for an appointment to see what the cause may be. In the meantime I have to restrict my use of ipad and computer, reading and writing - very depressing.

No comments: