Wednesday 24 September 2014

Sick and Tired of Being Sick

I have been unwell all week, what a waste of a holiday! Treatment for the atrocious migraine left me feeling as though I had experienced a grand mal seizure. Funny eyes were deemed to be ok and not the precursor of another retinal detachment, the GP has referred me to a neurologist yet the cure seems to have been procured in a half hour of treatment with the osteopath. I never considered my neck could be the cause of the headache as the symptoms were so different. All is well that ends well but it has been a difficult and expensive week.

Due to the odd eye symptoms I have done little reading although I have made some headway with The Lullaby Illusion  which is proving to be both interesting and easy to follow in small slices. I am finding Susan's adventure in Cyprus in the 1970's very interesting if a little dramatic for my taste. My benchmark for a good memoir is:

This is the story of an Australian journalist who does a complete about turn in her life and purchases a small farm in Tasmania from where she grows and distributes organic food. The book captured me when I read it a couple of years ago and remains my benchmark for a wonderful memoir.

I have not purchased any new books for my kindle lately but really do not need any at present. Despite all the people who say they still prefer a 'real book' the world of the e-book has opened up literature to me that I would otherwise be unable to read due to print size. I need to read something other than a memoir as my genres still need expanding and exploring.

I received the latest issue of this earlier in the week but have only been able to see well enough to look at it over a cup of coffee this afternoon. There are some beautiful homes in it, designed I imagine to tempt us into feeling summer is definitely on the way. Daylight saving starts this weekend which will help us to believe that long hazy days are really here.

Instructions I have received to relax, slow down, enjoy the moment may take root now the days are lengthening. I foresee long days lazing about, enjoying my garden and finding ways to ensure I remove my stress and tension and dream of Italy, France and other exotic locations. 

No comments: