Wednesday 10 September 2014

September 11th

Enough years have gone by that those of us not directly impacted by 9/11 have placed it in our sad memories yet I think we all know that those who live in the US and New York in particular still grieve deeply for what happened that day. We are thinking of you all.

As the election draws closer here, Saturday next week, the political nuances are making this the dirtiest election campaign ever held in New Zealand. In discussion I have wondered if we are just catching up with the rest of the world or somehow that dreadful Kim Dotcom is behind the destruction of a kind and decent political system. Time to deport him!

Unbelievably I am still reading Piano Obsession which is quite a long book, about 370 pages I think, plus I have worked extra days this week which has reduced my ability to read at length. I am learning more about the piano and its music than I ever learnt while I was learning music, a wonderful memoir. Just checking my kindle I realise the book is called Grand Obsession!

 

I bought this yesterday for my kindle, am curious to see how another blind woman travels, although unlike me she is not alone.

No comments: