Sunday 21 September 2014

Migraines

I had to leave work early on Friday due to an ocular migraine, then pounding headache which resulted in a large jab of anti-inflammatory to try and reduce my headache. My eyes are still playing up so I have rung the eye clinic to see if they need to see me to find out if this could be the beginnings of another detachment.

Suite Française
I started reading this last night although I have the slight suspicion that I have read it as a talking book before. The theme of a book written in hiding during the Nazi occupation of France and the early death of the author sound familiar but I will read it again and see. I have always enjoyed stories of WW2 and anything to do with the Resistance, Nazi occupation and the tenacity of the general population under huge duress.

Today I have to write a series of questions for Kylie Bax so I can write an article about her for Dionamic. I enjoy doing these interviews but have to confess I would have preferred to interview her in person. 

I have done little other reading other than of Annabel Langbein's new cookbook. 
 The Free Range Cook: Through the Seasons 
I am going to make a salad today from her new book which I purchased last week, a walnut salad which hopefully a gluten free friend of mine will enjoy. I think her books are a delight to the eye and the recipes are in the main easy to follow and obtain ingredients for. Still trying to find pomegranate molasses though.

No comments: