Monday 15 September 2014

Being Mindful

I have recently been advised to be more mindful, to learn about mindfulness and apply it to my life. I have done reading online and purchased a couple of kindle books on the subject, both of which are quite heavy. I also checked out my local library and ordered the following book:
 
I started reading it on Sunday and discovered that this book is a simpler yet insightful guide to the practice of mindfulness. I am perusing it in short bursts in the hope that ideas will slowly infuse into my mind and become a part of my daily living.

I am really enjoying The Lullaby Illusion and kept reading it in every ad break on TV last night. Susan has led such an interesting life, full of heartbreak and stress yet I feel things are going to improve soon. I have 'liked' her book FB page today so will see how many messages arrive in my inbox from there.

My year of reading has been tempered by joining the WLM group and other books I have purchased have gone by the wayside. Perhaps they will become my holiday reading as I crawl towards the short school holidays we have in early October.

 


This is the beautiful country the author of the Lullaby Illusion now lives in, I had no idea it is so beautiful, perhaps a new travel destination.

No comments: