Sunday 14 September 2014

Andre

Yesterday afternoon I went to see the replay of Andre Rieu's 2014 Maastricht concert. My friend and I were a bit surprised at how long the movie was but apart from a very bored guide dog we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It was a real pleasure to find the concert had not gone quite as overboard as it sometimes does and the music was beautiful. I think Andre does need to realise that playing the same thing over and over again does get a bit boring, he needs to vary his repertoire more.

A big day and two late programmes on television, Call the Midwife and A Place to Call Home meant little reading was done yesterday. The previous night I finished Twenty Thousand Miles to See a Tree and was stunned by the thoughts of Cindie as she provided an epilogue to explore where this amazing journey had led her. Trawling down the many books I have on my kindle I decided to read The Lullaby Illusion by a member of my memoirs group, Susan Joyce.
The Lullaby Illusion: A Journey of Awakening

As I only read a few pages I gather it is about Susan's life journey after marriage to a man she eventually divorces. As I write this I am also chatting with Susan in Ecuador as she prepares dinner, early morning here. I will provide updates as I read what appears to be a very interesting life journey filled with pain and disappointment.

I am hoping to purchase Annabel Langbein's new cookbook this week. Her TV programme based on the recipes began on Saturday night and the coq au vin and pineapple puddings looked divine. Just a pity the book is only available at Paper Plus until later this week.   

No comments: