Wednesday 8 April 2015

Finished

Having finally finished The Mottled Lizard which concluded with Elspeth leaving for her adult life in England, I trawled through my VRS trying to find something else to read. Choosing:

Lives of Mothers & Daughters: Growing Up With Alice Munro

I have embraced this memoir with huge enthusiasm and don't want to miss any of it. It is a very frank and open books which explores life as the daughter of Canadian writer Alice Munro. Small and interesting details fill every corner of this book as Sheila weaves her way through the intimate details of her parents marriage, life with a mother who was always writing, details of life in Vancouver and sheds light on how small children of writers exist. One is left to wonder at the details which are not included and how they link with the stories outlined in the book. 

I was in the bookshop yesterday and saw a flyer for Marlena De Blasi's brand new book:

 The Umbrian Thursday Night Supper Club  

Set in Orvieto, four women plus Marlena share beautiful food and wine and talk. I love her books and am sure I will enjoy this book with its intricacies of food and Italian rural life.
 Image result for orvieto italy 

Image result for orvieto italy

Image result for orvieto italy

Image result for orvieto italy


I feel some more travel coming on - need to start dreaming again.

Jay is still not well, he has yet to pooh and every couple of hours I trawl the lawn and garden to see if he has produced anything. I guess it will be back to the vet again if he has not. I am really worried about him.

No comments: