Sunday 26 April 2015

Anzac Weekend

Many of us have been moved to tears by the services commemorating the centenary of Gallipoli. It has certainly reinforced what a waste of humanity war is and the desire never to have wars again. The converse side is, I guess, no war may mean that unsavoury countries and movements may take over peace loving people. Anzac Day has really made us think of the role our country played in pointless wars at the behest of British commanders who used us as a distraction from where the real fighting was taking place.

I am almost finished Holy Fools  and may have finished it this morning if Chocolat had not insisted that she wanted to get up and play with Jay. Its twists and turns around a very simple story is gripping with little snippets of 17th century France enhancing the plot. Now I will have to see what newer books she has written.

I am thoroughly enjoying Seven Letters from Paris, again a book I have almost finished. I so envy Samantha her chance at happiness and finding a man who can make the rest of her life really happy. My only disappointment is that I cannot find a good photo online of Jean Luc, not sure which one he is in their wedding photos.

Image result for toulouse france

Image result for toulouse france

No comments: