Tuesday 23 December 2014

Christmas Eve

Christmas is time when people are meant to be happy, enjoy being with family and receive presents given with love and care. A phone call and subsequent texts yesterday shattered all that for me. My son's wife rang very indignant that I had sent her son a Christmas card in which I said I had donated money to a charity in his name. Subsequent texts shattered my day, she was vicious!! Ce la vie - that is life.

I am still reading Whitethorn Woods on my VRS, I must be nearing the end yet it seems to be filled with introducing characters at every turn. I hope it does draw to a conclusion soon, I have listened to it for many hours in the middle of the night. An increase in my tablets has made me even sleepier, I hope I can tolerate them if this proves to be the dose needed to stop the migraines. Even though they knock me out I still seem to wake up and need the soothing voice of a book to put me back to sleep.

Several new books have been recommended to me lately, all kindle books. 
A Year by the Sea  
This book looks to be the sort of thing which will make me read and reflect on my own life. I like this kind of book which lets the reader into a very private part of someone's life and allows them to transplant it into their own thinking.
Rose of Sarajevo
This book was recommended to me by Amazon.com and looks to be interesting as well as exploring a part of the world I would like to visit. Holiday time is when we grow and explore new genres of reading. I will enjoy this, plus the fact I do not really need to worry about work until the 30th of January, yippee!! 

No comments: