Monday 8 December 2014

Still the Same

This last week has been one of waiting and continued migraines. The MRI scan was clear so now the race is on to find a level of drug which will knock the migraines out and allow me to continue with a normal life. I am not giving in to them any more, I just carry on with whatever I am doing and hope I will be ok.

Reading has been put aside as I search for a cure. I have managed to finish a big book on my VRS, it was fascinating. 
The Medici: Godfathers of the Renaissance

I have seldom read such a big historical book but I found the twists and turns of the Medici family and descriptions of places I have visited in Florence have added to my knowledge of this lovely city. I had no idea the Medici were such scoundrels, murdered so many people and influenced history all over Europe. A really worthwhile read.

I have also managed to finish on my kindle
Time Was Soft There: A Paris Sojourn at Shakespeare & Co.

This book allowed me to stop and start as my headaches waned, I was able to pick it up where I had left off with little trouble. I am not sure it was a very exciting memoir but certainly gave its readers an insight into a very famous bookshop. Now I need to find another easy to read book on my kindle and pursue my great delight of reading again.
Image result for shakespeare and co paris

Image result for shakespeare and co paris

No comments: