Wednesday 10 December 2014

Lunches

Suicide leaves an impact for life. It is 17 years since my son died and the 10th of December is always a difficult day for me. It was soothed yesterday by a long lunch with a friend who had no idea until she hugged me goodbye that it had been such a difficult time for me and how much her kindness had helped me. Admonitions to forget the day, the time, the pain do no good and usually come from people who have little idea of the anguish this act brings. So thank you Lyn for your kindness and love.

I have finally moved on with my reading.
  Book Cover: A History of Silence: A Memoir ( NZ Ed)
This memoir by Lloyd Jones was sparked by the destruction in Christchurch, a city which came tumbling down, and as he began to investigate his own world it crumbled around him. He uses such evocative language that one can see what he is talking about from both the real to the imagined.

 Touching the World: A Blind Woman, Two Wheels and 25,000 Miles 
I began reading this on my kindle yesterday, the story of a blind woman and her partner who motorcycle around the world. A truly fascinating read and one which will hopefully put paid to the idea that the blind cannot travel or achieve adventures such as this.

No comments: