Monday 15 December 2014

Holiday

Holidays have arrived! I now have over 6 weeks to enjoy the non-arrival of our summer, good books, music and my garden. I am still trying to unwind and the plethora of things I have had to do since Friday have made my life a little stressed. Lunch out again today, coffee tomorrow and then hopefully it should all be over.

I heard a radio interview last Saturday with the author of this book.
The Underground Girls of Kabul: In Search of a Hidden Resistance in Afghanistan
The author has explored the world where girls are unwanted, uneducated and lost. Many of these girls are being disguised as boys to ensure they receive some education and can live as normal a life as possible. While I have not started the book yet I think it will prove to be a very interesting read.

My memoir writers group has now expanded to include some other Facebook sites that they have recommended. These include Writers Write and For Reading Addicts. I will follow them for a while and see if they provide me with entertainment and knowledge.

No comments: