Tuesday 16 December 2014

Such sadness

As New Zealanders we mourn with our close neighbours, Australia, as they come to terms with the loss of two brave people who died in the siege. To know that a mother of 3 young children - 8, 6 and 3 died protecting her pregnant friend is more devastating than we can begin to understand. The young manager who tried to wrestle the gun from the man holding them will always be remembered as a hero, but what loss to his partner, family and friends.
More grief for Australia who have lost so many people to the prejudices of others this year. We all mourn with you.

Last night I began this book.
 Whitethorn Woods
Although I only listened to the first chapter it is much better than I had anticipated. Not normally a reader of novels churned out by a woman in large numbers, this adventure based around a new highway, St Ann's well and a priest looks promising.

I have not progressed anything I am reading on my kindle due to ongoing eye and headache issues, hopefully I can return to it soon. At present TV has taken precedence. Anzac Girls which was on last night is an amazing drama based around nursing sisters at Gallipoli, a real eye opener. 

I am worried about my retired guide dog, Chocolat. She seems to have aged dramatically in the last few weeks, I hope she gets her zing and energy back soon. 







No comments: