Saturday 29 November 2014

MRI

I am booked in to have an MRI scan of my head tomorrow. I see it as an opportunity to discover if there are other reasons for my continued migraine auras and headaches, or to recognise that if all clear another approach will be needed. I am tired of having to restrict my life, slow down, cannot read, find using screens difficult and the general attached lethargy.

I am still reading the talking book about the Medici, certainly an interesting view of the family which did so much to make Florence the centre of the renaissance. I had no idea how cruel some of them were, or the political nuances that seemed to divide Italy at a time when cohesion would have been to its advantage. A long book but certainly one worth reading, particularly when one reads of well known people whose role appears different from that we have always perceived.

Chocolat is getting really old. The vet commented that for a Labrador she is doing very well, her health seems to be holding but she is slowing down, sleeping more and seems quite lethargic at times.

  



I am unsure how long the scan will take but the machine sounds like a cowshed. I just hope mine comes out as normal.  

No comments: