Saturday 8 November 2014

Amazon

I have recently received several recommendations for interesting books from members of WLM only to find they are not available to purchase in New Zealand. In frustration at our inability to purchase the latest suggestion

 
one kind member of the group sent us a link saying the book had been published under a different title in the US. I have to wonder why Amazon makes it so difficult, surely they lose sales when not making these books available worldwide for kindle, perhaps it is the authors who do not want their book released internationally. There must be a reason but given the desire of so many of us to read kindle books surely it is appropriate to make them all available.

I also went online yesterday to purchase another recommended book:
 
but I soon discovered that I had purchased it last week! I guess in this case I should be grateful for Amazon's diligence in informing us we have already purchased a book. Without kindle books my reading would now be reduced to just talking books which at even the best of times can be quite frustrating.

Last week I gave my student volunteers in the archives at school a copy of my own book, The Dio Difference   as a gift for all their help this year. I hope they treasure and enjoy it as a reminder of their wonderful days at Dio.

Facebook is a wonderful place to meet people, but a group is trying to make me an administrator of their page and nothing is progressing. Neither I nor the present administrator can discover why so any opportunity to earn extra money from them is rapidly fading for the present.

No comments: