Wednesday 5 November 2014

Guy Fawkes

Fireworks exploded in the park next to my home and surrounding area until 1am this morning. This is very unfair to those of us who have to work today, mind children or just get on with our lives. If I was undecided about John Key's move to ban backyard fireworks before I will join with everyone supporting this decision. I am just lucky that my dogs are not scared of them, it certainly makes it easier.

Lying awake for so long meant I was able to finish One Night in Winter. I felt it ended rather hurriedly as if trying to round out the story in a limited number of pages, odd given I understand the print version has 480 pages. In the end it became an expose of Stalin, lost and forbidden love, unwitting betrayal and children who became pawns of the ambition of evil men. It was with great relief that I turned on the latest Readers Digest and heard the story of  a couple who saved 50 Jewish children and some of their families from extinction in Austria.

My visit to the Neurologist was expensive and to a degree productive. I now need to do some reading online about the drugs he has suggested and look at some changes I could make in my life. My eyes are still behaving strangely which makes reading, particularly on any type of electronic device very difficult. I plan on having an afternoon doing something practical rather than computer or ipad based.  

No comments: