Sunday 9 November 2014

Books

I started reading a really good book about book conservation yesterday on my talking book machine.
 People of the Book
It weaves through Spain, Vienna and Bosnia during the war with the conservator an Australian. I have only read just over an hour of what is a 14 hour book which seems to sway between non fiction and knowledge and a fiction story woven through the facts. I think this is a book I will read at every opportunity both to enjoy and to learn more about the field I work in.

North & South (NZ) Magazine Subscription
I have just finished listening to several back issues of this on my VRS. I have been a reader of this magazine since it's first issue. I really enjoy being able to read it as a talking book but often wish they would read some other stories apart from the ones chosen by the narrator or staff at the RNZFB. Each issue has so much to offer but we miss so much of it.

I am off to my GP this morning to try and sort out what to do about my migraines. I am so sick of their rule over my life so hope we can come to a proper conclusion about medication, weight, and other options for curing them.   

No comments: