Wednesday 18 February 2015

Literature

Writing a literature review has been very interesting. I have not written one for several years but found that the skills returned very quickly. It has been an ongoing process for about 5 weeks and now I am glad to see the end in sight; although it looks as though the next one is being formulated.

Having finished Alone on the Ice I have now proceeded to a recently published book of Janet Frame's short stories.
9780143567707.jpg

I find it difficult to listen to short stories on my VRS as the machine turns off, sometimes when just starting a new short story, right near the end or leaves one hanging in suspense. I find Frame's short stories quite interesting and unusual, giving one much rumination over the intention behind the characters. It is not a very long book so will soon have to make another choice, on with my second year of books.

My reading of The Underground Girls of Kabul has come to a halt due to another cluster of migraines. I am beginning to suspect they are being caused by my neck and this grouping is the result of the massage I had last week. The tablets are making me quite muddled but do make the aftermath of each one more tolerable. As I have bought a large number of kindle books recently I hope I can get back to my reading soon.

I returned to my art journaling yesterday, I had forgotten how relaxing and stress reducing this past time is. I hope to do more at the weekend, perhaps a way to spend my birthday.    

No comments: