Saturday 28 February 2015

Rushing

This will be a short post as I was out much of yesterday, still celebrating my birthday and have to pay a visit to my mother soon, she is almost 101. The heat also makes sitting at a computer exhausting so blogs, facebook and other computer work needs to be done in the morning before the humidity arrives.

I could not get my VRS to charge so decided that it must be time to insert the new battery I bought recently. Not a bad run, I bought the machine in 2008 and this is the first battery change. It charged up quickly and ran perfectly last night so hopefully this battery will last for about 7 years.

I have started listening to another of Geraldine Brook's novels, March. Due to the issue with the VRS I am still in the prologue I think. It seems harder to follow from the beginning than her other novels. As it won the Pulitzer prize I am assuming it is good so I will persevere.  Her style of writing keeps one interested and the sudden inserts to describe violence, anger, or human misery keep one on track to follow the plot.

I have done very little other reading though have downloaded a couple of new memoirs recommended by the WLM group. This group now had 2000 members and had a big party on Friday which I missed due to work. Only a few people are regular contributors so the group does consist of hibernating onlookers.

No comments: