Monday 21 April 2014

Peace

My life has been changed again by a phone call at lunch time today. I have been employed as the archivist for the Waikato Society of Arts. This is a fixed term position until the funding runs out, but this will help my precarious finances immensely.

Paris Letters
I loved this book, it grew on me the further I read. Although quite light, a memoir of sorts, I was fascinated at how she could make a living from the art journaling I am just starting. I think I need to do some each day and look at using this art format to write letters and cards. Janice's story has a happy ending and shows that taking chances can bring both a new life and renewed spirit.

I am still trying to read A Book of Silence but am finding the print so small that I am really struggling to finish it. This is a real pity as Sara's words of wisdom speak to my heart and enhance the journey i am on to make my life as fulfilled as possible. Unfortunately it is not available as a Kindle book so I may never find out how silence, or my version of it, could impact my life.

Bill Bryson is continuing his journey around Australia with good humour and enjoyment. Australians have some difficulty laughing at themselves as we also do so I wonder how his book is received over there. I am now searching for what to read next on my Kindle, VRS and in print if possible. I love reading!     

No comments: