Wednesday 23 July 2014

Absolute Grief

Respect for the dead and grieving was shown today for the first bodies from the air crash to arrive back in the Netherlands. I hope those dreadful thugs in the Ukraine were watching and realised how many of us are grieving and how nations can work together to love and care for people. While difficult to watch the videos show such care and tenderness, it is to be hoped that this does not promote a backlash from the rebels whose cause is now abhorred by all the reasonable world.

I have just dipped into  The Happiness Project but hope to read a lot more later today and over the weekend. I am not sure this is entirely relevant to discovering options within the concept of 'mindfulness' but it appears to be a very interesting book. I am hoping some of the author's suggestions may rub off on me without taxing my spare time and enjoyment of journaling and hobbies such as writing.

 Books Make a Home: Elegant Ideas for Storing and Displaying Books
I borrowed this book from the library after being tempted to purchase it at my local bookshop. It offers a very holistic input on how to love, care for and store books in our homes, whether we have lots of room or very little. I intend to savour it to the very last minute and hopefully can find some ideas for book storage in my own home.

Last night I finished The Greengage Summer, a rather simplistic novel in this day of difficult to understand and lengthy novels which tax the mind as the reader tries to unravel meanings and plots. I am still a little unsure of the finish, somehow I failed to rewind enough of my VRS to hear more than Eliot had sent a telegram to Uncle William who arrived and the police were alerted to Eliot's whereabouts. Perhaps I did hear it all, who knows. Now I am perusing the taped version of the June Readers Digest.

Today I was alerted to the imminent release of a new Kate Mosse book, The Taxidermist's Daughter.  I have pre-ordered it for my kindle and hope it is as good as her other books which I have devoured. I really enjoy her mix of the real and spiritual, drama and insight into the world we do not understand where past lives intersect with the present.




I wonder how many of our Games team will visit this most beautiful of islands. My friends and their children post daily photos and updates on the island which make me dream of visiting Scotland again one day. I truly hope so!

No comments: