Monday 7 July 2014

Paris

The Lollipop Shoes  is a difficult book to just listen to, I am sure it would be easier to follow if I had the actual book in front of me. As the sequel to my beloved Chocolat, I have to keep checking with online reviews and descriptions of the book to see if I am following it correctly. Told through several characters in the first person it is dark chocolate, mysterious and at times bitter. Magic and witchcraft are woven through a story of teenage angst, despair and hopefully love. I will continue with the book but hope my half hour sessions are not destroying what I am sure is a well crafted and beautifully written book.

 Coming Home to Self: The Adopted Child Grows Up

Having finished reading The Primal Wound I have now embarked on Nancy Verrier's next book. This is more of a textbook, the first two chapters are psychology and again the print is small, but I will persist with a book which I hope is going to help with my growth and release from years of issues which it appears may all be related to my adoption.

 Committed: A Skeptic Makes ... 

I began reading Committed on my Kindle late yesterday afternoon and am totally engrossed in this story of marriage and culture interwoven with Elizabeth Gilbert's own journey of fear, reluctance and deep commitment to the man she names Felipe. A very interesting read and again a wonderful memoir.

 

No comments: