Friday 30 January 2015

Hot!!

I went back to work yesterday, it was hot, tiring climbing all those stairs, but fun to be back with the people I care about and who care about me. I have to admit my enthusiasm waned a little by about 2.30pm and I just did basic sorting and filing tasks.
It is great to have book discussions again with Stephanie and to be involved in the life of a school.


I have started reading this on my VRS. Several people have expressed surprise that I have never read it before but was not much of a novel reader until recently. As I keep going to sleep listening to the dulcet tones of the narrator I may need to buy for my kindle to get the whole story. It seems to be an expose of life in the US, small town, ordinary people, yet I understand there is drama to come. 

I am unsure why I have always read non-fiction. Perhaps I was just following my mother who liked to read this genre, or perhaps because I personally like to read books I can gain something from. I am finding some of the more modern novels full of plot, drama, written in a way that makes one unwilling to put the book down. 

Reading is a great pleasure in this awful heat. If there is nothing else to do picking up a kindle book abates the heat and transports one to a different environs. 

As it is the weekend again Amazon will have some more specials. Trawling their website offers great pleasure along with planning my own book and doing my art. I need to see the heat as a friend who allows me to be myself.  

No comments: