Thursday 22 January 2015

Wealthy Dentists

I broke a filling and cracked a tooth this week. I have now been to the dentist twice, today it was free as his work on Wednesday did not last. I am never quite sure why dentistry is so expensive, seems rather greedy to me.

 A Year by the Sea
I am two thirds of the way through this book on my kindle and am thoroughly enjoying it. many of us take time out to reflect on our lives, something which is intrinsically important yet often an unrecognised need. Joan was lucky in that her husband kept her during her year of thinking and she was able to live without fear of going cold or hungry. Many of us do our thinking as a daily part of our normal lives and have to be content with snatches of contemplation.

I have been reading some back copies of New Zealand magazines such as North and South on my VRS. last night I began reading a new book;

This story of one of New Zealand's supposedly unsolved murders, the Guy family has opened up in a way and to a depth often not seen in this country. Although his brother in law was tried and found not guilty of the murder there seems to be few other clues as to who may have committed this crime. I am listening with interest to see if any clues can be proposed as to who killed Scott Guy.

I am about to start a huge literature review, although I have been told not to make it too long I am sure that a detailed in-depth review is required. I will see how I get on with it and hopefully this will lead to further work. It is great to have some academic work again.

I keep trawling the Amazon.com website for new books I might enjoy, it is a bit like having the library at home and being able to see all the new books on the shelf at once.
Prague Winter


Both these books appealed to me as I have been re-walking my adoption journey over the last 6 or 7 months. I also downloaded Prague Winter about 2 years ago for my VRS but could not stand the artificial voice it was being read in. It is a holiday weekend here, lots of reading to do. Now for some photos I found while looking for Madeleine Albright's book.
 Image result for prague in winter

Image result for prague in winter

No comments: