Saturday 24 January 2015

Murder

The story of Scott Guy is riveting. I am too hot and tired to stay awake and listen to it for long periods of time but I feel as though Jo Guy and I are walking a similar path. Her words echo my own in so many ways, almost to the point that I suspect that in whatever way we lose a child our thoughts and feelings are very similar. As we all admired the many appearances and decency of Brian Guy I can now see him as a farmer with many things to deal with, often putting his farm ahead of people as so many farmers do. 

  I Shall Not Hate: A Gaza Doctor's Journey on the Road to Peace and Human Dignity 
Yesterday I began reading this book of reconciliation and a life spent trying to bring understanding between the Israelis and Palestinians. Izzeldin is an internationally trained doctor living in a refugee camp in the Gaza Strip who spent much of his time working in an Israeli hospital. This cover photo shows his three eldest daughters who were killed by an Israeli missile less than a month after it was taken. Written around a truth that fills the lives of every person living in Gaza, the author has an understanding of the anger lived by radicals and how the ordinary person wishes to live peacefully side by side. This book was recommended to me by Robbie Francis who has lived, studied and worked in Israel when she studied peace resolution. I look forward to continuing to read this book as an example of how we can all live in peace whatever our beliefs and background.

   

 

No comments: