Friday 15 August 2014

Enjoyment

I am really enjoying Eugenia, so much so that I took my VRS to work yesterday and chose work I could do so that I could listen to my book. While some of the legal and court descriptions are quite detailed, one wonders how an author writing almost 100 years later can imagine the questions which were asked, it is interesting enough to make me turn my machine on and listen at every opportunity.

I have been struggling with the small print in this book and have lost track of the ideas and themes that Dr Brene Brown writes about. I think a good cup of coffee and a sit in the sun this morning may help me make the decision whether or not to purchase this or one of her other books for my kindle. The tiny size of print in most books today makes them inaccessible for the vision impaired reader. While readers who were blind 100 years or more ago would never have imagined the opportunities accessible technology has now given us there is still a great deal of frustration at the inability of many of us to access all the literature we wish to read.


I have borrowed this from the library and while the print is too small I am hoping I can gather some information from it to help with my art journaling. I was always told I could not draw but given my now serious eye difficulties my desire to explore the world around me in print and paint I am finding that 'you cannot draw' has become one of those things that have defined my creativity. At present I am just copying, but soon I will hopefully gain the confidence to strike out with my own ideas.

 
Added to my pile of reading is the new, September, issue of the Healthy Food Guide. I have not finished reading the issue shown here yet so have some real catching up to do. Off for that coffee and some sun now!

No comments: