Friday 8 August 2014

Honours

I have just nominated someone for a New Zealand Royal Honour. He is not well known in this country as most of those who respect and revere him are scattered across the globe. I really hope he gets an award, fingers crossed.

I have been reading magazine articles on my VRS. I find this quite relaxing after reading a long talking book. Several of the books I have on my machine are long and have been there for ages. I tend to trawl through and just choose what takes my fancy, there are several I should probably delete unread as their subject no longer interests me.

I contacted a friend who works for Attitude TV and who has studied and worked in Israel. I requested the names of some books around the conflicts between the Palestinians and Israelis, here are her suggestions:
 The Other Side of Israel: My Journey Across the Jewish/Arab Divide

I Shall Not Hate: A Gaza Do...
Robbie tells me these are stories from both sides and give a narrative view of the conflict. I will be interested to read them and see if I am enlightened by the views expressed in these books.

I am continuing to read about 'Mindfulness', I am excited by its possibilities to enhance and change my life for the better. While writing this I need to be mindful I have a bacon hock boiling and a pot of green split peas trying to stick to the bottom of a pot. Pea and Ham soup for lunch if I can wait until it is ready! I also need to remember I have to write an article this weekend for CCS, hopefully I will get it done and not be distracted by the fact I am not invited to my son's 40th birthday. 

No comments: