Saturday 2 August 2014

Memoir Writing

I now have so many memoirs recommended by members of the We Love Memoirs Facebook group on my kindle that I need to stop buying!! Travel memoirs, sad stories of growing up, family memoirs, stories of moving lives to set up anew in a foreign country. I am really loving this 'Year of Reading'.

Yesterday I finished The Happiness Project and am so enthused by her ideas and suggestions that I have started planning my own move towards a happier life again. I have now purchased Gretchen Rubin's next book, Happier at Home, but need to get myself organised towards a happier mood before I tackle this, yes another kindle purchase.
Happier at Home: How I Learned to Pay Attention, Cram My Day with What I Love, Hold More Tightly, Embrace Here, and Remember Now

 Maybe, just maybe, this book will set me on a path of abandoning my need to lead such a rigid life and move forward into new adventures. Gretchen seems to have a wonderful way of assuming that her readers will be so enthused by her ideas that they will take them on board. All kudos to her.



Today I plan on exploring this book and getting some new ideas for my art journaling. I hope it will allow me to 'let go' of my inhibitions and journal freely about my life and its exploration of new ideas and challenges.

I really like the idea I have often suggested to people that they look back to what they were interested in when they were 7 or 8, then 14 or 15, this usually provides a clue to the direction they should move in when choosing a new hobby, career or lifestyle. While it is often the cause of people looking at me oddly, I think it is a tried and true method of finding a new road in life. I used to love colouring in maps, weather maps and similar. Perhaps I should now start a travel journal!  

No comments: