Sunday 3 August 2014

New Friends

Two Old Fools in Spain Again (Old Fools #4)

I started reading this book late yesterday, what a wonderful, racy and humourous style Victoria has. I am so glad she asked me to be her FB friend. The stories of the cockroaches had me in fits of laughter, they are an insect we fight with regularly here in New Zealand, some of them very large but definitely not as large as the Australian version.

This morning a new writer, Val Poore, joined the We Love Memoirs group. Hearing she lived on a barge in Rotterdam and was a teacher and writer I felt impelled to purchase her two kindle books about living on the barge. She sounds lovely and someone I could be friends with across the oceans! This group is amazing, so welcoming and yet down to earth.

Yesterday I tackled some more art journaling, mostly preparing pages ready to collage and journal on. I also checked out some You Tube videos showing other people's versions and ideas for journals. I went to bed thinking about lots of ideas for my next stage, even though I am still a beginner.

Reading is such a satisfying occupation, it can fill a wet day when one cannot walk the dogs, provide vital information, entertain, build our knowledge bank and as I am finding, introduce me to new friends all over the world. When I look at my shelves and see books with tiny print I can no longer read I still feel they are wonderful friends that have stood by me throughout my whole life. I so dearly wish my mother had not given away my childhood books, I find it really sad.

Jay and Chocolat are bored, being cooped up with me for days due to the awful weather has not improved their temperament, they even had a snap at each other this morning which is not normal for them, time to walk later I think.    

No comments: