Monday 11 August 2014

Tired

This is my second attempt at a post today, somehow I managed to lose my original one and have now had to start again.
The Soldier's Wife
I started reading this book a couple of days ago on my VRS. I cannot find the plot, am having difficulty with the storyline and initially could not figure out if it was set in the US or the UK. Something must have made me think it was about a returning American soldier. The author seems very prolific so I am assuming that some good plot and twists will soon appear in the story which so far seems to be about a soldier returning from Afghanistan who cannot settle.
 Piano Lessons: A Memoir
I have begun reading this on my kindle and am finding it a very interesting memoir. Anna, who lived in Adelaide, was lucky enough to become the pupil of a Russian pianist who had emigrated. I am up to part two where her primary days are coming to an end and she is beginning to understand her teacher's dreams that she will feel and live the music. Perseverance appears to be something Anna has and the story of her move to a private school will be very telling. An easy read, I have been moved to watch her play on a You Tube video.

  
Warsaw is a city which continues to fascinate me, as do stories of the war, the ghetto and the Warsaw uprising. I hope to return one day and explore more of this fascinating city. Books about this city are not easy to find, some recommendations are only available in hardback so Amazon may need some concerted searching.

No comments: