Friday 22 August 2014

Spring is Coming

Spring appears to be on the way with daffodils and other spring bulbs now flowering, a whole fine weekend forecast and blue skies and warm sunny days. It will be wonderful to get out more, walk the dogs and not get sore feet.

 Silver Wedding
I picked this at random on my VRS, not sure it is my sort of reading but is certainly a means of getting to sleep. A series of linked short stories based around celebrating a silver wedding anniversary, the diverse destinations and conversations of the children provide the outline for this rather simple book. 
  
Reading this book is slow going as there is so much to absorb. Brene links differing feelings and attributes them to shame, not something I am finding other people understand unless they have experienced the emotions and put downs so many of us have. I am continuing with this at times when I feel I can absorb all her pearls of wisdom and apply them to my own life journey.
 Celtic Fairy Tales
I have recently purchased two books of Celtic fairy tales, it is a genre I would be interested in pursuing with my writing. My dark dreamy side seems to be ideal to write these sort of short stories, but I do need to read some first.

Yesterday I was interviewed by an archives researcher who lives in one of the most beautiful places in New Zealand, the Nelson Lakes District. She works from home, so lucky, a lovely person who instantly became a colleague.


No comments: