Wednesday 26 February 2014

Diarrhoea

Dogs with diarrhoea are no fun at all. My working guide dog Jay developed vomiting and diarrhoea about 12 days ago. Four days later my retired dog Chocolat developed the same symptoms. This has meant little sleep for most of that time, lots of washing for them and myself and huge amounts of worry and stress. Both dogs seem to be coming right now although I have yet to put Chocky back on to her normal food. Explaining to people that these dogs live inside my skin, are more part of me than other people's dogs is difficult as people assume I have the same relationship with Jay and Chocolat they do with their pets. All I need now is a proper night's sleep and life will be a buzz again.

I finished reading A Fortunate  Life by AB Facy last night. I wonder if the title would have occurred to him if he had not had such a wonderful marriage, lots of children to fill the void of his own childhood loneliness, lack of family and hardship. A book well worth reading despite its rather naive style.

I did not begin another book in the night but began the latest Readers Digest. Magazines have filled my night time reading as I sit in despair at the lack of good television programming. 

 Perpetual Child An Adult Adoptee Anthology
I have just started reading this on my Kindle. As an adopted person/adult I find this approach fascinating. It is a series of stories by adult adoptees who always find themselves referred to as adopted children, whatever their age. In an attempt to 'dismantle the stereotype' this book is certainly tugging at my heart and all the difficulties I have had with accepting my own adoption and feeling alone and apart.     

No comments: