Friday 7 February 2014

Frustration

I spent almost an hour with the IT person at school yesterday but we could not find a way to add a comments box to this blog. If anyone reading this knows how please use the comment notation at the bottom of this post to explain how I can add one. Just to add to my frustrations Zoomtext and Google do not seem to be very compatible. After dropping my screen reader page to the tool bar and then clicking on Google the screen magnifier stops working and I have no access to anything. Very annoying.

I am almost finished The Man Without a  Face and wonder what the look was on this inscrutable Russian when one of the Olympic rings failed to light. Given the stories in the book I would imagine the designer is now either poisoned, shot or in prison. 
 Chocolat (Chocolat, #1)
My first guide dog is named Chocolat after this book/movie. It is a story which has stood the test of time and is still to be found at full price in many bookshops. The mystical nature of the characters and the link to family and chocolate is one which captures the imagination of readers of all ages. I watch the movie frequently but wonder how I will react when my Chocolat, now aged 11 and quite arthritic, is no longer with me. Perhaps it will become bittersweet. Several years ago I bought a powdered chilli chocolate in London and brought it home but felt it never tasted as good as that exquisite chocolate in the story. Again, Dame Judi Dench is the star of the movie. I no longer have a copy of the book, another one stolen by my ex-husband.     

No comments: