Tuesday 20 May 2014

Exhaustion

Tiredness has taken over my life. I cannot read properly, work has consumed my every waking moment for the last 3 weeks. Now I have a family dispute to deal with, hopefully that will resolve itself before too long. Writing a blog is amazing, this last few weeks it has been my only writing outlet.

Yesterday I finished reading Mud, Sweat and Tears by Bear Grylls on my VRS. Rather a light read, very entertaining, glad I have now discovered this interesting man who is the Chief Scout. His enthusiasm for life and adventure is catching, though I am unsure if I would ever want to follow in his footsteps.

I dream of picking up a book, real, kindle, anything which would get me back into my mission to read everything that comes my way. I did spend five minutes trawling the 'new book' shelves at the bookshop while I waited for the bus and must check if the ones I liked are available on kindle.

So many children cannot read properly today, my own grandchildren included, it is so sad they do not know the joys of reading across a wide variety of genres. Reading and bookworms will rule the world, knowledge and its positive use will not only expand minds but change the negativity which pervades much of what we see in the young of today. Roll on the next chapter!

No comments: