Wednesday 21 May 2014

Wunderbar

Days have moved slowly this week as I have steeled myself for each busy day of work and willing 4pm on Friday to arrive. My bonus has been only being asked to work half a day today as the paperwork for my extra 3 hours of work has not been finalised. I have slept, caught up with the neighbour, transferred photos using Windows 8, all good.

I am still reading Zero Degrees of Empathy  and while I am finding the neuroscience fascinating my own exhaustion has meant that I am reading it in short bursts. I often start a book, put it aside, then carry on. This can be weeks later. Last night I returned to Howards End is on the Landing  after a couple of weeks of virtually no reading. Is this how other people approach good books?

I have purchased several new books for my kindle including A Writers Diary by Virginia Woolf, Susan Hill's Hunger, Our House is Certainly Not in Paris and German and Russian Short Stories. I intend to begin devouring them this weekend, hopefully their promise will be fulfilled.

No comments: