Saturday 10 May 2014

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is usually a non-event for me. My children choose not to wish me a lovely day so I wish myself lots of happiness. Today I went to 'Brunch with the Brunet's', a wonderful opportunity to spend the morning with Masterchef 2013 and experience the delights of his healthy breakfast. This capped off a very busy week of new work, a funeral, and attending a performance of the Phantom of the Opera last night. It was stunning, even more so when Jay decided at the very end to bark loudly much to everyone's amusement and surprise as well as my embarrassment. 

I have now finished reading In search of Anne Perry   on my VRS. As I progressed through it I discovered the structure of the chapters being in two parts, the first reflecting on some of her writing and the second part about the murder and her incarceration. I would highly recommend this book for anyone interested in this murder and the outcome of the protagonists lives.

Trawler: A Journey Through the North Atlantic
I have had this book on my VRS for about 3 years with little interest in reading it. Late last night I made the decision to begin it and am pleasantly surprised that it seems fast paced, interesting and about a part of the world I love, Scotland. Why did I wait so long to read it.

A busy week has meant little time available for reading of any kind, other than cookbooks. I hope to rectify this although much of this week will be taken up with learning how to become a Facebook page moderator. Wish me luck! 

No comments: