Friday 16 May 2014

Stress

Eyesight issues can cause all types of problems. I have worked every day this last week and am very tired from the amount of concentration required to 'see'. Good lighting is essential but not always possible, email programme changes at one of the schools I work at meant a two hour session with an IT technician from the Blind Foundation to reset gmail to make it 'blind' friendly. The stresses involved in not being able to access technology are momentous, not readily understood by the general population.

 Mud, Sweat and Tears
A run of poor or uninteresting books I ordered from the RNZFB meant I took a chance a few nights ago and began reading Mud, Sweat and Tears on my VRS. The chapters are really short which makes me feel I have not set the timer button, but I am fascinated. I have to confess I had never heard of Bear Grylls so this is an interesting discovery. His sense of fun, along with a spirit of adventure, makes this a racy book to read with plenty of excitement and humour to keep a reader interested.

I have also been reading my new cookbooks along with watching far too many You Tube videos of choirs, male singers and European royalty. I have downloaded several new books for my Kindle, including several volumes of European short stories but have reduced enthusiasm at present for any in-depth reading. Bookworms occasionally retreat into their lairs and recuperate and revitalise.

No comments: